FISH FILLET RECIPE
FISH FILLET RECIPES
PAN FRIED FILLETS
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: EGGS, BREAD CRUMBS, GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE, GARLIC optional see below. Glass of Pinot Grigio.
This is done to our taste so we have no measurements:
- Mix together ¾ bread crumbs and ¼ grated parmesan cheese.
- Beat 2 eggs – see below about Garlic
- Dip fish in egg mixture to coat
- Press each fillet -both sides - in bread crumb mixture
- Put on plate and in freezer for about 5 minutes to hold mixture together.
- Pan fry – Medium heat - with Olive Oil & Butter. Garlic – see below.
- Cooking time is about 2 minutes on each side – don’t overcook – test with toothpick or fork should go through fillet easily.
- ENJOY with tartar sauce (our recipe below) & lemon. And a glass of Pinot Grigio.
IF YOU LIKE GARLIC –
1 - Add a pinch of dry Garlic Salt or seasoning to bread crumb mixture.
2 - OR when pan frying with olive oil & butter add fresh garlic to taste – or Traders Joes Garlic cubes work well also.
TARTAR SAUCE for Pan Fried Fillets - Made to our taste.
Mix all ingredients together ¾ cup Mayonnaise, Pinch or Two Dry Ground Mustard, 1 Med. Dill Pickle finely grated, Tablespoon of Pickle Juice, Tablespoon of Fresh Lemon Juice, Salt & Fine Pepper to taste.
Oven Baked Fillets
INGRDIENTS: MAYONNAISE, BREAD CRUMB & GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE MIXTURE AS ABOVE.
This is a bit easier. Preheat oven to 325/350.
- Coat fillets with Mayonnaise and press each fillet into the bread crumb/parmesan cheese mixture. Put in shallow oven dish for baking.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Fish should be flakey white inside – use toothpick to test doneness.
- Optional – Top with melted butter, garlic & lemon mixture & serve.
- Don't forget the Pinot Grigio.